XGeN Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XGeN Clan

Welcome To The Next Generation Clan Forum.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRosterFirst look; Star Wars, The Bunkers ServersSZSSearchRegisterPortal
hey
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:53 am by IJames
miss you fuckers.

Comments: 1
To anyone who can hear this, proceed to forum for revival
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm by The One Frohman
Better safe than sorry...better safe than sorry...

Now, me and Markymark are working towards reviving this clan.

Anyone who wants to join in, join in.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments: 14
Top posters
Mortis
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap1First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Voting_bar1First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap 
Ziah
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap1First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Voting_bar1First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap 
IJames
Zilla
dj_womone
The One Frohman
The_Beast
Markymark
dmitrylep
:RupturE:

First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers

Go down 
+9
The_Beast
The One Frohman
dj_womone
Zilla
Mortis
IJames
dmitrylep
Zanar
MomemtumMori
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

From this preview, would you like to play Star Wars Bunkers ?
Yes, cant wait for its release!
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap187%First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap
 87% [ 13 ]
Yes
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap113%First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
No
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap10%First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
WTF this is bulshit
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_lcap10%First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I dont know
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Empty
PostSubject: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 am

Ive finnaly managed to get the Source SDK! so here are some screenshot from my new Star Wars map that i called "The Bunkers" because.. well.. you'll see Very Happy

NOTE: this map is not yet finished! and I'll need some help for the clan logo and map protection.

First of all, i HATE being spawn camped. To solve this annoying problem ive made this(see below). You no more spawn in the corridor where you could easly being camped, you spawn in this room where you have guns and a shield so only rebels/combines can enter(an enemy can acctually enters because its a button but hes going to be burned! if hes enough stupid to get weapons from the enemy box hes going to be burned twice...)
Outside...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_11
Inside...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_12

Ive also added a bunker to each base.Here's the way to go inside of it.
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_16
They're equipped with a Mortar,(the "Supression Device" in hl2). Its not fully working yet but i can fire it(see below). A direct hit without a suit will take out 50% of your health. Its also very inaccurate and slow(about 3 second to reach the target and a couple of seconds between shots).
A little shot...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_13
When you die...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_15
They're also equipped with a Sniper,a real one,(its based off the sniper in ep2). This one is looking well and it works, the beam or laser is not pointing at your target and its not very long(about 500 units long i think), i coudlnt use the original model made by VALVe because its not in the DM files. Thanks to <noname>.. I've found the gun on filefront but the guy have'nt signed his work so i dont know who to thank Neutral .
A view of what it looks like when you use it...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_14

In the midle of the map, where the bridge his, There are two other bunkers, one for the rebels and one for the combines. The bunkers are intelligent, if you give them enough power they will be your best friend and a nightmare for your enemies. Specials automatic doors open and close when somebody is near it, but the bunker do not allow enemies to enter.(A little sprite show you if it let you enter or not: Orange; nothing happening, Red; you better run before the bunker kick your ass!, Green; Welcome to heaven!.
The bunker itself...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_17
Notice that the glass is an illusion(you can shoot trough it, trow nades and slam in it). Right now there's not much in it. There are 3 mounted pulse rifle and a couple of lights. The rifles act like a normal weapon but it have unlimited ammo. Here, and with the sniper, its impossible to see projectiles of bullets impact. As far as i know its because hl2dm do not fully support it. But maybe someone have the awnser to it so some help would be appreciated.
The mounted rifle and the glass...
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_18

Im planing on making a battery system to power up the bunkers: 0 battery = doors and lights; 1 = doors/lights and rifles; 2 = doors/lights/rifles and a charger; 4 = (all the batteries of the map are in your bunker!) doors/lights/rifles/charger and 2 of the 3 rifles are controlled by the bunker.
Give me suggestions and comments to improve the map.
And again sry for grammar :O
Back to top Go down
http://cataclysm-studios.webege.com
Zanar
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zanar

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 am

Hell yeah! cheers
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: re   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 am

lol, what a fast awnser
Back to top Go down
Zanar
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zanar

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 am

Yeah, I'm always on the forums. Haha.
Back to top Go down
dmitrylep
Board Member
Board Member
dmitrylep

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 am

looks very interesting...I'll definitely would want to try it out.
Back to top Go down
IJames
Board Member
Board Member
IJames

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:55 am

this looks impressive
Back to top Go down
https://xgenclan.darkbb.com
Mortis
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:10 am

pretty FUCKING NICE lol.

maybe in the beginning of the map put a battery in the enemy base so u have to go to the enemy base get ur battery take it to ur bunker to power up the bunker on the bridge kinda like ctf but a very big win to get it just a idea...
Back to top Go down
IJames
Board Member
Board Member
IJames

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 am

i do get the feeling that this is going to be a laggy map thought, but im absolutely hung on the idea of a mortar
Back to top Go down
https://xgenclan.darkbb.com
Zilla
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zilla

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 am

i like that. have a battery that charges the base but the trick is there is only 1 battery.
Back to top Go down
http://QuadracerHQ.com
Mortis
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:01 am

yup
Back to top Go down
dj_womone
Board Member
Board Member
dj_womone

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 pm

wow were comin out with maps like a mother fucker!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: Final details...   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:17 pm

I've finished 90% of the map. To finish the map i need the clan logo and someone who can protect it.

Features/status
  • The mounted pulse rifles are working properly (we can see the bullets);

• The sniper rifles are usable (almost infinite beam and you can aim with it Very Happy, im trying to make them shoot exactly where you aim but thats another story :S );

• The mortars are usable too (They work as intended but for an unknown reason their max range "30%" of the total map);

• The battery system for the bunkers is not fully implemented yet but im woring hard on it;

• The spawnind areas are fully working
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 pm

beast or zilla might have the logo that i made that were using.
protect?

all graphic design i make/made is protected by my site and alot of gamers lol.
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: re   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

ok thx
protect? i was talking about the bsp compilation. ive read somewhere, here, in the forum that theres a way to make the map completly unhackble
why? because all the weapons that you see here (mortars, snipers, rifles), are not fully supported by deathmatch, and are supposly bugged are laggy. BUT ive found a way to make them completly working, I do not want someone steals my work. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
The One Frohman
Board Member
Board Member
The One Frohman

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am

Awesome, that was fucking fast
Back to top Go down
http://xgenclanproductions.webs.com
The_Beast
Board Member
Board Member
The_Beast

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 am

MomemtumMori wrote:
ok thx
protect? i was talking about the bsp compilation. ive read somewhere, here, in the forum that theres a way to make the map completly unhackble
why? because all the weapons that you see here (mortars, snipers, rifles), are not fully supported by deathmatch, and are supposly bugged are laggy. BUT ive found a way to make them completly working, I do not want someone steals my work. Exclamation

The map looks pretty good, I can't wait to give it a test run. You are talking about a compile lock which prevents someone from disassembling it and changing it around or removing our clan tags, etc. Ask Zilla, he's our resident mapper, I just got a buddy who is a mapping god, lol.
Back to top Go down
Zilla
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zilla

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 am

The 2 ways i suggest are:

1. pick any item. Med kit, door, light, etc. anything. go in to the properties. Turn off smart edit and add the string No_Decomp 1.

2. Download the "protector". It's an item that you randomly put in your map that locks it down. (just hide it outside the skybox or something.)

There is no way to make your map COMPLETELY undecompilable.

The first item can easily be removed if the person wants to take the time to figure out which item the string is in. (not gonna say how)

The second item makes it almost impossible unless the person has extensive knowledge of the .BSP format. (in that case, it would prolly be an honor that they want to use your map so bad.)

Msg me and i'll send you the protector.

There is another way but it can fuck up your map and its not as good as the "protector".
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: First release!   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 am

Ive finally finish the first version of Star Wars Bunkers!
the second version will contain:
A Flag game
A battery system for the bunkers
More details and stuff in the abandonned highway(whats that?, see below)
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_10
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_11
First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers Dm_sw_12
Its an abandonned tunel under the bunkers in the midle of the map. Each bunker have stairs that goes into it. Because of the map size its not connected to the bunkers, so it uses teleporters. If you want to go in it dont forget your flashlight because the only source of light in it is fire.

I just sent the map file to zilla so i hope it will be on the server by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Zanar
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zanar

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:14 am

Cool! Cant wait. I wanna learn how to make maps ! =P
Back to top Go down
Ziah
Honored Member
Honored Member
Ziah

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am

I'm not so sure. Heavy weapons (mounted guns, etc) have never been good fun on hl2dm. Still, I would want to try this map out, and if it turns out to be shit, and no offence intended there, you should expect to get a huge thrashing from me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:28 pm

its actually pretty kool the big gun helps for campers outside base the sniper rifle doesnt wrk and theres a few things
i wanna tlk with mori bout maybe adding and removing other then that its prob my fav sw map now other then v4
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:20 pm

what must be changed/moved/removed/debuged ?
Back to top Go down
Zilla
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
Zilla

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:00 pm

which site did you download the combine sniper rifle from?
Back to top Go down
MomemtumMori
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic
MomemtumMori

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:05 am

maybe instead of fire in the room where all that stuff is add a bunker kinda a stock up and chill.

the sniper wont wrk for sum reason.

love the night scene keep it.

love everything but behind the sheild u added with the button when i spawn sumthing forces me to slide.

love the fact u added 2 ammo crates keeps fags from being a jew with um lol.

and for sum reason the xgen logo is missing when i change it to the map Sad

and 1 more thing when u use the sniper thing everyons vision goes like the sniper vision.

other then those few things its my fav map love the night scene as said before love the combine gun great deffense love the bases on bridge and its doors perfect map in my eyes.

so is our other sw map beast had made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers   First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First look; Star Wars, The Bunkers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next